Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

A New Direction

This blog is going to be headed in a new direction. I want to live a healthier lifestyle and this blog is going to reflect my efforts.

Six months ago, my mother died from cancer. In the months leading up to her death, I became super focused on exercise and counting calories. I was successful in my endeavors. But looking back, that was my way of dealing (or really not dealing) with my grief. When my mother died, all of my good intentions slipped away. In the fall, while struggling with grief, school, and family, I was diagnosed with panic attacks and binge eating disorder. I finally decided that I need a change.

I'm fascinated by the power of whole foods, yoga, and mediation. I'll be making lots of changes in the days/weeks/months/years to come and I am so excited.

Here comes a brand new me.

No comments:

Post a Comment